Friday, June 27, 2008

BC Bike Race - Day Zero

Yesterday I embarked on an adventure that has been in the works for the past 8 months. An adventure that will take me from a small lake town 30 miles north of Victoria on Vancouver Island, BC to Whistler, BC in 7 days. An adventure known as, The BC Bike Race.



Blue star polishing the red rocket!


The race will cover approximately 580km over the 7 stages and will include some of the best single track riding in the world. Roughly 450 riders (225 teams of two) will be toeing the line tomorrow morning in Shawnigan Lake, BC to do battle with nature and among fellow competitors. I will be racing with my teammate Blue Star Racing. The primary goal for the race is to finish...second goal is to be able to put in a solid effort every day and be somewhat competitive.


Hopefully I will be able to update my blog on a daily basis to give you the latest and greatest from beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

The Pistons....day zero!

No comments: