Monday, November 05, 2007

One Year Anniversary

Today was the one year anniversary of breaking the femoral neck on my left leg falling off my road bike. To say the last year has been difficult would be an understatement. Besides breaking my leg I have been through multiple challenges and although I can not say I grown from each one of these experiences, it has definitely made me appreciate aspects of my life I had previously overlooked. I am looking forward to the end of 2007 and the start of 2008 and a new beginning.

But now, on to more important items. In relationships, it is customary to provide your significant other with paper as a present on your one-year anniversary. Paper? This may take the form of a book, stationary, board games, coupons, etc. Seriously, this is what I have to look forward to if I ever get married. Where do I sign up! Since my body and I have a wonderful relationship, I have decided to buy myself carbon fiber for my one year anniversary, roughly 4.5 lbs. of it. I will post some pictures of my anniversary gift when it arrives in a few weeks.

I think it’s sweet that relationships can survive on the gift of paper, but instead I will save a tree and give the gift of the beautiful composite material of carbon fiber.

Keep on, keeping on!

1 comment:

Blue Star said...

I hope 4.5 lbs of carbon = Yeti ASR-carbon.