Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tick Tock...

Or is it Tik Tok...I don't know and I'm not sure it really matters. Any lit majors out there? Which is correct? In any case, I need the father time to slow down for a bit. Simply too much stuff to do. My life goal of being a superhero would be very beneficial now. I could simply fly around the earth in reverse and turn back the clock of time. Although, I’m guessing if I was a superhero I would probably have to save lives and wouldn’t have time for extra curricular activities. In addition, I always wanted to be Spiderman, not Superman, so I’m not sure Spidey could rotate the Earth in reverse. That would be one massive spider web. Wow, did I just digress. Actually, to the point I have no idea what this blog is about.

Oh yeah, I am Leaving for Moab, UT tomorrow for a 24 hour mountain bike race. My bike, which had an unanticipated part failure, was completed today and I will pick up tomorrow morning at 10am, tear apart and put in its bike case and then try to get to the airport for a 1pm flight. In the next 6 days (in this order) I will fly to Utah, sign and fax over a new job offer, compete in a 24 hour mountain bike race, take over a lease for a new apartment downtown, fly back to Seattle, start a new job, pick up keys to my new apartment and move in!

It may sound like I’m complaining, but in actuality I love it! I wouldn’t have my life any other way! Yes, I should step back every so often, smell a few roses, kiss some babies, shake some hands, but I’m pretty sure I can do all those things will still riding my bike, sending an email, eating dinner and finishing a Sudoku puzzle.

Check out the race results of the 24 hour race here! I am racing with an male team called The Dropouts (named after a ride in Park City).

3 comments:

Hart said...

good luck.. that is a tough one. who are you working for upon return?

Blue Star said...

Put the wood to some folks in the desert. Remember, "you gotta want it." Good luck!

DARTvg said...

Nice work F master!