Monday, July 02, 2007

NYC and The Bellmont

I made my first trip out to the Big Apple several weeks ago. My friend, Andy, and I went to visit our friend Adam for a little big city adventure. Also part of the trip itenirary was the Belmont Stakes horse race. The city itself was amazing. I was impressed with the infrastructure and the forethought by the city planners 100 years ago to invision a city of 10 million people and the transportation means necessary to commute the people from one part of the city to the next. I'm not sure I could ever live in New York City, but I would definitely like to go back and visit again.

Time Square - Advertising Wonderland or a Cluttered Mess.



Lady Liberty



McSorley's - NYC Oldest Bar



The Belmont Stakes was an adventure to say the least. Adam's friend Adam charters a bus each year and we all dress up in our finest or not so finest seer sucker suits for a day of betting on the ponies and shenagins. I think I lost on multiple levels...bets, dignity, a few years off my life, etc.

Go Baby! Go!

A couple of Dandies!

NYC is so fashionable!

Need I say more.

No comments: