Friday, February 16, 2007

Wheels on the bike go round and round, round and round!

Tonight was the first stationary spin on my road bike since that infamous day back on November 4th, 2006. My bike and I had a long talk before the spin and decided that it was neither of our faults and it was simply a unfortunate circumstance that lead to the crash(however, I still believe it was the bike fault...but I'm not here to place blame...stupid bike). I had been spinning on the stationary bike at physical therapy, but this was the first time on a real road bike, albeit on the trainer. I was worried that the harder seat might put more pressure on my hip, but everything felt fine. My physio is allowing me to ride at home, but he stresses that I limit the duration and resistance. The resistance level was set on one and I was able to muster thirty minutes of spinning before my leg fatigued and tightened. Not exactly earth shattering performance, but it felt good to get on the bike and elevate the heart rate. Tomorrow I am going kayaking for the first time since the accident. I'm stoked! The weather looks favorable and the company should be excellent!



Not sure why I look so pissed...honestly I was enjoying the spin.

Packing in some nutrition with yummy Clif bars. Best bars on the market

1 comment:

DARTvg said...

blame it on the bike...good to see you back on your trusty steed.