Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Breaststroke, backstroke, stroke of a genius

I have logged more swim time in the past three weeks than in my previous year of triathlon training. OK, maybe a bit of an overstatement, but not by much. I'm not a swimmer. I enjoy swimming to some degree, but it is not a natural ability of mine. However, with the inability to walk, run or ride at this current moment of my life, swimming is my main cardio fix. My previous swim workouts would be 800-1600m splash around, normally siding on the shorter side of the workout. Lately though my workouts have been 1600-2000m arm-burning hammer fest. Without the use of my legs, my shoulders and tri's are definitely receiving a workout. I need to be careful not to develop any tendinitis from overuse though. I still haven't had a euphoric epiphany to love swimming, but I am definitely enjoying my time in the pool.

No comments: